Friday, June 29, 2012

Growing Apart...

Today I sent out a quote that said, "I've learned that the easiest way for me to grow as a person is to surround myself with people smarter than I am."  It made me begin to think about so many different things in my life and the people that I consider to be friends and such.  My next thought was - "who is stretching me, pushing me, compelling me to be better, to do better?  Who is challenging my way of thinking?"

Sometimes people grow apart and that's not always a bad thing. If you've been friends with the same people for the last 10 years and you're all doing the same things over and over again - broke, busted and disgusted - then don't you think it's time for a change?  No, everything isn't about money, but I do believe in my heart that God wants us to be better and do better so that we can in turn help someone else be better.  Believe me, it can be intimidating for someone to challenge you and the way you've thought about things your entire life, but it's worth it!

Yes, it can be hard to let go of people and things that we are familiar with, but just think about it for a minute....  Look at your life.  Look at the people in your life.  If you have the life that you've always dreamed of then great.  If not, consider that it may be time to grow apart from some things.

No comments:

Post a Comment