Monday, July 9, 2012

God is Speaking – Just Listen…

The last few weeks I have been so anxious and uptight due to mainly some changes going on at work and trying to plan a great birthday bash for a loved one.  My sleep has been off, I’ve lost my appetite, I haven’t been smiling as much and so forth.  However, through it all God was speaking if I would have just stopped and listened…

Those who know me know how much I love to send thoughts for the day – well some of my staff members have caught on to it and one young lady in particular has really blessed me recently.  She took the time to have a white board put up in her office and each day she writes a new thought to help others stay encouraged.  We work in a hospital, so this is great for patients that may be having a rough day.  Today her thought that she paraphrased came from James 1:22 (NIV)…” Do not merely listen to the word, and so deceive yourselves. Do what it says.”  God was speaking directly to me through her white board message!  On top of that I read a message from Joel and Victoria Osteen telling us that “we don’t have to live under the burden of fear and we don’t have to live with anxiety.”  To press the matter further, my Pastor spoke along the same lines in one of his recent messages. 

I’ve been listening to the word, but not doing what it says.  The word tells me that when I am weak to say that I am strong…the word tells me to be anxious for nothing, but in all things by prayer make my requests known to God….the word tells me to trust in the Lord with all my heart and lean not to my own understanding. 

God had been speaking all along, but I wasn’t listening.  By not listening, I wasn’t being a doer of the word.  By not being a doer of the word, I wasn’t being a good example.  God is Speaking – Just Listen…

1 comment: