Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Someone is Watching You…

“Your actions are speaking so loud, I can’t hear what you’re saying.” – Unknown

I read this quote once and it really stood out to me on how people view what you do more than what you say, ESPECIALLY when you are professing to be a Christian.  The Bible instructs us on more than one occasion to be careful of how we behave.  I don’t mean for you to be on your best behavior because someone is watching, but to be on your best behavior because it’s a lifestyle. 

I Timothy 4:12…”but be thou an example of the believers, in word, in conversation, in charity, in spirit, in faith, in purity.

Romans 14:12-13…”So then every one of us shall give account of himself to God. Let us not therefore judge one another any more: but judge this rather, that no man put a stumblingblock or an occasion to fall in his brother's way.


I Corinthians 10:23…”All things are lawful for me, but all things are not expedient: all things are lawful for me, but all things edify not.” – (my interpretation of this is that just because something is true doesn’t mean you should always have something to say about it because it may harm another who is not strong).

I Corinthians 8:9…”But take heed lest by any means this liberty of yours become a stumblingblock to them that are weak.


Point blank, don’t just talk about how God says we are to live, BE ABOUT IT!  Malachi chapter 2 tells of how the priests were rebuked because the sin in their lives were causing others to go astray.  We have a responsibility as people of God to be Holy examples for others to follow.  If we live like those in the world, then why would they want to be saved?

No comments:

Post a Comment