Tuesday, July 30, 2013

I Can't, But HE Can...


Isaiah 49:13 – 16…Shout for joy, you heavens;rejoice, you earth; burst into song, you mountains!For the Lord comforts his people and will have compassion on his afflicted ones. But Zion said, “TheLord has forsaken me, the Lord has forgotten me.”“Can a mother forget the baby at her breast and have no compassion on the child she has borne? Though she may forget, I will not forget you! See, I have engraved you on the palms of my hands; your walls are ever before me.
Lord I’m tired; I’m frustrated; I’m stressed; I’m afraid; I’m lonely; I’m sad; I’m angry; I’m lost; I can’t do this!
There are many of us who are experiencing many of these feelings and some may even believe that God has forgotten all about you.  However, be reminded of His words today.  God said that He will not forget us!  Trying times are upon us and our faith is being stretched to the max.  In either direction that we turn, there is something going on; however, the Word reminds us to fix your gaze directly before us (Proverbs 4:25).  In this season of life, it’s imperative that we speak life, and that life comes through the Word of God, so get in His presence and stay there.  
It’s easy to complain and call it expressing, but God’s Word is forever true.  We serve a God who has proven Himself time and time again.  He’s made a way for us over and over again, so just because this situation is taking longer to overcome than the last, is no reason to discount His ability now.  You may feel as though you can’t take it another minute, but HE can!
II Corinthians 12:9 – 10…But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me. That is why, for Christ’s sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong. 
James 1:2 – 4…Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything. 
I Thessalonians 5:16 -18…Rejoice always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus. 
I Peter 4:12 – 13…Dear friends, do not be surprised at the fiery ordeal that has come on you to test you, as though something strange were happening to you. But rejoice inasmuch as you participate in the sufferings of Christ, so that you may be overjoyed when his glory is revealed.

No comments:

Post a Comment