Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Looking For a Reason...

Last night I was watching another one of those extreme weight loss shows and the young lady was over 400 pounds and climbing.  She experienced the tragic loss of her mother at a very young age and it tormented her to the point of turning to food as a source of comfort.  Through the years, she used the passing of her mother as her reasoning for continuing to over eat and for continuing to gain weight – even if it was to her own detriment.  As I sat there watching and listening to her story, I couldn’t help but think about all the reasons we hold on to in order to remain the way we are; all the reasons we hold on to in order for us not to change.  Her reason was food, but what’s yours?

I was able to relate this this lady’s story because I had two siblings diagnosed within months of each other with cancer, and they both passed away as a result of their illness.  Food, which became my source of comfort, turned toxic for me.  As my weight spiraled out of control, my health, my esteem and my outlook on life was bleak.   It wasn’t until I “made the choice” to regain control that things began to change.

People suffer all kinds of unfortunate events in their lives, but those events don’t have to be a reason for you not to empower yourself to have a better life.  That better life includes happiness, success, health, wealth and prosperity. 

You have a choice, so you can stop looking for a reason to not live your life to its fullest potential.  Let go of the hurt, let go of the fear, let go of the regret, let go of the unforgiveness, let go of the past and let go of the people in your life who are subtracting from you versus adding to you.

If you are going to look for a reason today – look for a reason to live your best life yet!


3 comments:

  1. I absolutely love this post. Right on time. Thank you, girlie. Blessings :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete