Thursday, August 15, 2013

Check Yourself!


The month has been one of revealing and one of gratitude.  I have the opportunity to interact with many different people and some of them feel comfortable sharing their testimonies and/or current situations with me.  After listening to one today and pondering on the others that I’ve heard, it left me with the question to pose to myself of, “Is it really that bad?”  Meaning – are the things that I complain, gripe, whine and moan about really that bad?  Or am I taking for granted that God has blessed me with an awesome opportunity to live?!  I need to check myself!

There is a quote that I think on often and it says, “Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.”

Here I am complaining that my boss didn’t pat me on the back for a job well done, when I receive an e-mail from a business associate praising God for restoring her hearing - when the prognosis was deafness.  Here I am complaining about processes not being followed at work - when I was approached by a colleague stating that she was about to undergo a double mastectomy.  And then again, I received a message from a different co-worker rejoicing on how she returned to the doctor to go over her test results and the cancer that she had battled with is gone!  And again, two phone calls this week of people close to me who’ve suffered sudden death in their families.

How can I sit here and continue to belittle that Great God that I serve by complaining over things that have no merit?!  The next time you feel the urge to gripe – CHECK YOURSELF! 

1 comment:

  1. As I've heard, "Ouch". Nothing but truth in this posting. I told myself today, don't focus on what isn't going right, but count blessings. God is so good!!

    ReplyDelete