Monday, February 3, 2014

The Right Thing Hurts

What do you do when the right thing hurts? 

There are times in life when you know you're doing right, yet in still the situation hurts so bad. When it's hard to leave, even harder to stay and hardest not to just quit...let me assure you that it is okay to cry; it is okay to say that it hurts; it is okay to have a moment. It's not okay, however, to stay in that funk. We are humans and God gave us emotions to express them; not to be controlled by them. 

We all have a cross to bear and based upon perceptions, you may feel that your cross is heavier than mine - but be careful to not ever minimize the trials of another. 

II Corinthians 12:9-10 
But he said to me, My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness. Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me. That is why, for Christ’s sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong.

Life happens to us all, but we have to be careful and not allow the affairs of life to consume us. 

Be blessed...

2 comments: