Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Are You Ready?

Preparation makes opportunity a success!  Have you ever heard this quote?  Well I happen to believe that this is very true. 

How many times has something come up that could have benefited you, but you were not ready for it?  Or how many times did the blessing come, that you weren’t prepared for, and you messed over it?

I’m one of those crazy people who believe that God can and will do anything because nothing is impossible for Him.  I also believe that it’s my responsibility to be ready for the blessings that He has prepared to come my way.  About 2 years ago, I had a “big girl” conversation with myself and I came to the conclusion that I needed to be and possess the things that I expected in a mate.  So if I didn’t want a man with jacked up credit – I needed to get my credit straight.  If I didn’t want a man who was out of shape and overweight – I needed to get healthy and fit (still working on this one).  If I didn’t want a man with a bunch of debt – I needed to pay off some bills.  If I wanted a man with a true relationship with God – I needed to work on mine.  SO… I did and am doing just that!

“Faith without works is dead” (James 2:17). 

Are you ready for a new job?  Well what have you done to prepare for it?
Do you want a new house?  Well what have you done to prepare for it?
Are you ready for growth and promotion?  Well what have you done to prepare for it?

3 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I heard a pastor on tv say that many believers are frustrated because they want their dream 100% financed but God is saying can you invest in your own dream? Do you believe in your own dream?

      Delete
  2. This is very true!

    I had the same conversation with myself about a mate, and I'm making the necessary changes.

    Like you stated, we have to be prepared in every area of our lives. If not, we may miss-or blow-a great opportunity.

    Great post! :-)

    ReplyDelete