Thursday, March 1, 2012

Gratefulness

Yesterday at lunch I decided to sit in my car, facing the lake and just allow my mind to drift away from the cares of work.  The weather was absolutely beautiful!  It wasn't too hot, so I let down all the windows and allowed the nice breeze to enter in.  As I sat there, my mind begin to drift off into a place of serenity. 


"Dear God - thank you that I can sit here in my car, on my lunch break, in peace and quiet and marvel at your creation...WITHOUT BEING IN FEAR!"

Do you ever just stop and think of how blessed we are to live in America?  Everyday we turn on the news, there are reports of civil unrest and wars in foreign countries.  There is famine and distress and death.  While we have some of that here - it is nothing compared to what others are experiencing every minute of every hour of every day.

Flowing from my heart is gratefulness....

1 comment: