Saturday, January 14, 2012

I Held My Peace…

I had a staff member inquire about how I handle confrontation.  My response was simple – I don’t argue.  I say what I feel is right and I keep it moving.  Sometimes I have to allow the other person to be right, in their own mind, to achieve peace. 


Psalm 39:2 – “I was dumb with silence, I held my peace, even from good; and my sorrow was stirred.”
I Corinthians 14:33 – “For God is not the author of confusion, but of peace…”

When you argue with someone, there is no point to it.  Each of your emotions are running high and no one is listening to each other.  In a vigorous effort to get your point across, you’re just trying to out yell each other - so what’s the point?    Have you ever been in a heated situation with someone and you said something that you regretted?

James 3:8 – “But the tongue can no man tame…” 

However, through prayer and dedication to God, you can control your response to any situation.  I promise you that silence won’t kill you. 

Psalm 15: 1,2 – “ A soft answer turneth away wrath: but grievous words stir up anger. The tongue of the wise useth knowledge aright: but the mouth of fools poureth out foolishness.”

2 comments:

  1. Very true! We must watch what we say, do, & our reactions to many things.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes words can break a person and we don't ever want to be responsible for that.

    ReplyDelete