Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Tolerance…

Today I noticed a situation here at work that made me stop what I was doing and just ponder it for a moment.  I saw how the tolerance of someone with more knowledge was short when it came to the person that didn’t have as much knowledge.  And then I had to check myself because I made a comment that wasn’t very nice.

Hebrews 13:1 – 3 (NIV)…”Keep on loving one another as brothers and sisters.  Do not forget to show hospitality to strangers, for by so doing some people have shown hospitality to angels without knowing it. Continue to remember those in prison as if you were together with them in prison, and those who are mistreated as if you yourselves were suffering.”

I was taught this scripture as a child to always serve as a reminder to just be nice to people.  Today this scripture came back to my remembrance as a reminder that God is watching how we treat each other; those we know and don’t know.  There may be times when people get on our nerves, unbeknownst to them, but how many times have we irritated someone unbeknownst to us?  The situation you encounter may not be the same as mine, but all and all – just be nice to people. 


Proverbs 15:1…A soft answer turneth away wrath: but grievous words stir up anger.


So today when you want to make a snide remark like I did – step back and think about it and decide against it because it doesn’t hurt to show a little more tolerance.  I mean, think of how much tolerance (GRACE) Jesus HAS AND IS showing you!

3 comments:

  1. Amen; this made me check myself in this regard

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen!!! I tend to have a short fuse & needed this to check myself. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  3. A good word. I should've read this yesterday! :) But now I know how to act today. :)

    ReplyDelete