Thursday, November 1, 2012

A Better Way...

Even though I know I'm not right about everything, I don't always like to admit it.  LOL!  This week we've been in a LEAN event and trying to find more efficient methods of performing our work processes.  I'd of course like to think that my team is performing optimally and no one can tell me otherwise.  Well, when you get a group of educated, impartial minds together, you'd be surprised at what you can achieve. 

Low and behold, as a group, we came up with a much better way to perform a crucial step to my team's performance.  So my lesson learned was to let go, let my guard down and trust a little.  The opinions and suggestions of the team proved to be invaluable.

Lesson learned for life... sometimes people standing on the outside can see things a little more clearly than we are when we are directly in it.  Don't be so quick to shut a person down for offering advice.

No comments:

Post a Comment