Tuesday, June 11, 2013

First Love

This year I have been so blessed to travel for my summer vacation and experience things that most people would only dream of experiencing.  I have been fortunate enough to see some of the great and marvelous wonders that God has created, and I couldn't have imagined any of it, if I hadn't seen it with my own eyes. 

While here, I've been having some really good conversations with God.  I'm reading a book called "Sincerely, Jesus" and it's thought provoking.  The chapter that I'm reading now is discussing leaving your first love, who is Jesus.  As I sat there next to the beach, listening to the sound of the waves and looking up at the mountains, I began to think of the ways in which I have drifted away from my first love and how to reconnect. 

I can travel the entire world 50 times over; I can be the most educated scholar ever; I can have more money in the bank than I could count, but if I leave my first love - none of it matters! 

Think about all the things in your life that you consider to be magnificently awesome - now get it in your mind that without Jesus - it's nothing....

Come back to your first love!

No comments:

Post a Comment