Thursday, June 20, 2013

IF and WHEN...

Stuck between IF and WHEN; wanting to believe that God is going to bring you out (WHEN), but not sure IF it’s really going to happen.  Wanting to be strong and have faith in God and praying that He removes any trace of doubt.  Lord, I believe, but please help my unbelief.
We’ve all struggled with these moments, periods of time, and situations in life where we just feel in limbo about the things that are occurring all around us.  Our doctrine teaches us to be strong and trust God, but the circumstances mounting against us, at times create a since of fear and panic, which can ultimately lead to a lack of trust - so we begin to say IF.
Today I’d like to encourage us all to continue to trust our Creator; our Heavenly Father who knows what’s best for us.  There is a song that I like to sing when I feel down and the lyrics are “Sight beyond what I see, You know what’s best for me, so prepare my mind and prepare my heart for whatever comes, I’ll be ready….”  Encourage yourself today through His word and through prayer. 
Proverbs 3:5-6 (NIV)…Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to Him, and He will make your paths straight.
Psalms 46:10 (NIV)… He says, “Be still, and know that I am God…
Jeremiah 29:11…For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.
I Thessalonians 5:17…Pray without ceasing.
Deuteronomy 31:6…Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the Lord your God goes with you; He will never leave you nor forsake you.”

3 comments: