Saturday, March 28, 2015

Fulfillment or Resentment ...

"When I stand before God at the end of my life, I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left and I could say, "I used everything that you gave me."
- Erma Bombeck

Are you living a life full of fulfillment or a life full of resentment?  Before you answer that question, STOP and really think about it.

Life isn't perfect and we all have growing pains, but through all of that, you can still live a life of fulfillment.  Life alone brings many challenges without us willingly adding drama and frustration to it. Whether those impositions be internal or external is for you to decide, but please deal with them before you end up with a life full of resentment.

I asked once before why we find it so convenient to allow others to make us uncomfortable. What in us says, "don't confront it - just accept it?"  The other day as I drove to work, I turned on the radio to find a Pastor saying that many times in the church we hide behind sanctification and holiness, versus confronting issues and finding effective methods of dealing with them.

Every time we sweep an issue under the rug, resentment is growing.  On the other hand when we refuse to accept anything other than the life God intended for us to have, we find a life full of fulfillment.  "God I want to use everything that you gave me!!!"  Don't you too?  Don't you wanna have more days when you find yourself smiling for no particular reason than you do frowning because the sky is falling?

Don't become stagnant, don't ever stop learning and growing.  Be that free spirit that refuses to live with false limitations. Get off the fence, make some decisions that are your own and commit to them. If you fall down, well then get up and try it again.  


"Don't change who you are because someone else doesn't know who they are..."
- SoSerene

No comments:

Post a Comment