Sunday, March 8, 2015

Fresh Eyes....

Start today going forward by looking at your life with fresh eyes. I recently took on a new position at work, which came with a new team and new operations.   Being that I wasn't familiar with it, I was able to see many things that could potentially be performed differently - because I was coming in with fresh eyes.   I recognized some staff members who may possibly be underutilized, while others held positions that they may not be well suited for.  A part of my responsibility is to analyze the flow; to identity waste and implement process improvements. 

It got me to thinking about how we live life, day in and day out with the same viewpoint.  However, today look at your life with fresh eyes.  Where is there waste?  Where is there the potential to do some things differently?  How might you gain efficiencies and have a better outcome if you just tweaked a few things?

I've been through process improvements before in the workplace in order to gain efficiencies, and they are not always fun.  They challenge you; they stretch you; they force you outside of your comfort zone; they expose you; they put other eyes on you; they can make you down right uncomfortable. BUT - they made us better!!!  I've had to adjust a few processes in my personal life AND it has made me better!!!

Today, look at your life through fresh eyes.  Is it time for some process improvements?

"Even if it's not broken, it can still be improved!!!"

No comments:

Post a Comment