Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Consistency…

If you were to go around and asked maybe 5 people at random at different settings in your life if your behavior, demeanor and attitude are consistent - what response do you think you’d receive?  Not sure – then why don’t you go around and ask.  Ask people on your job; people at school; people at your church; people in your social settings. 

I know that I haven’t shown consistency over the past 2 months and that saddens me as I’ve allowed the stresses and strains to impact me and others have noticed that.   
James 1: 2 -4 (NLT) Dear brothers and sisters, when troubles come your way, consider it an opportunity for great joy. For you know that when your faith is tested, your endurance has a chance to grow. So let it grow, for when your endurance is fully developed, you will be perfect and complete, needing nothing.

Practice what I preach is what I’ve been saying to myself constantly.  I HAVE A CHOICE IN HOW I RESPOND and this is a conversation that I have with myself daily.  I think we owe it to those around us to display consistent behavior and characteristics of that taught to us in the Bible, especially those of us who proclaim to be Christians. 

 “If you don't like something, change it. If you can't change it, change your attitude. Don't complain.”
-Maya Angelou

No comments:

Post a Comment