Friday, August 3, 2012

No Place for Fear!

Job 3:25…”For the thing which I greatly feared is come upon me, and that which I was afraid of is come unto me.”

Fear is crippling, debilitating and tormenting.  There are things in life that we fear and we verbalize it to others.  It could be a fear of flying, of insects or dogs and cats, but there is a fear that is deep rooted in some of us that we dare not speak about.  A fear that halts the progress that we should be making in life.  A fear that we take to God in our secret closets time and time again.  A fear that tries to disguise itself in many other forms, but yet it’s still fear. 

It could be a fear of failure, so we overcompensate and overachieve and run ourselves into the ground day in and day out.  Or we don’t even try and decide to remain in our “safe zone” because I know what I know.
It could be a fear of rejection, so we keep up our guard and don’t allow others to get too close because if I keep you at a distance you can’t hurt me.
It could be a fear of being alone, so unbeknownst to us we cling to people and things to a point of agitation to others.  Or we don’t confront what we know is wrong, so I’ll take whatever you dish out because I’m afraid that you’ll leave.

2 Timothy 1:7…”For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.”

1 John 4:18…”There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear: because fear hath torment. He that feareth is not made perfect in love.”

Whatever it is today – face your fear!  If you trust and believe in God, there is No Place for Fear in your life!  Fear fights your faith and the Word tells us that without Faith it is impossible to please God.  With all that Job went through – sickness, death, loss of wealth, etc. – he made a bold stance and said, “Though he slay me, yet will I trust in him…”

We must come to grips with knowing that things and situations and highs and lows will happen in this life, but we can’t allow fear to stop us from trusting the one who holds our future in His hands.  Today, start living the life that God has purposed for you to live and tell the enemy that in your life, there is No Place for Fear!

No comments:

Post a Comment