Thursday, August 16, 2012

Respond Correctly…

I’m a firm believer that God pays attention to how we respond to life events and circumstances.  So, make sure you respond correctly!

Literally, as I started to write this blog today, I received message that said, “today is not the day for people to get on my nerves – start praying.”  I chuckled to myself because I’m like, “okay Lord I hear you!”  So to me that meant this is truly the message that God wants to get out to His people today. 

Some of the people that I’m very close with in life are going through some really trying times right now; whether it be on their jobs, in their homes, with their children, finances or what have you – they are just going through.  However, I do believe God is allowing this to see how we will respond. 

I Peter 4:12-13…Beloved, think it not strange concerning the fiery trial which is to try you, as though some strange thing happened unto you: But rejoice, inasmuch as ye are partakers of Christ's sufferings; that, when his glory shall be revealed, ye may be glad also with exceeding joy.


Psalm 34:1 – 4I will bless the Lord at all times: his praise shall continually be in my mouth.  My soul shall make her boast in the Lord: the humble shall hear thereof, and be glad.  O magnify the Lord with me, and let us exalt his name together.  I sought the Lord, and he heard me, and delivered me from all my fears.

Ephesians 6:12For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

A few years ago I applied for a position that I know that I know that I know I was more than qualified to receive, but how about I didn’t get it, and people around me were more upset than I was.  I just told myself that what God has for me will be for me.    Well within no time, I was offered (I didn’t apply) a position even greater than what I had applied for AND the position that I was offered (of course I accepted) set me up for where I am now!  My Pastor back home used to always tells us that there is a devil on every level.  If this is the case, know that the higher you climb, the more you’ll be tried. 

SO, learn the lesson and respond correctly today so that God can continue  to elevate you that He might receive the glory…

2 comments: