Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Please The Right ONE!

Growing up I was one of those kids who wanted to please everyone and make everybody happy.  Whatever it took – I did it, as long as they were happy!  I worked hard and earned good grades; went to church and did as was told; didn’t get into trouble and tried as much as possible to keep a low profile.  If someone was upset with me, my whole world was turned upside down.  It would eat away at me.  I couldn’t sleep.  I had knots in my stomach.  I was nervous and anxious. 

Well wouldn’t you know it, that people pleasing spirit followed me right into adulthood and I was miserable on the inside; I was sad and depressed;  I didn’t know who I was, what I liked or where I was going.  My life had always been about taking the path I thought I was supposed to take – based on everyone else’s opinions.  What I failed to realize was that the one that I should have been seeking to please – I was neglecting.  While trying to nourish relationship with people – I was starving my relationship with Christ.  While trying to be everything to everyone else – I was being nothing to Him.  BUT one day through the power of prayer, I was set free and it was instantaneous.  When you want a change bad enough – all deliverance doesn’t have to take all day to manifest. 

Now that my focus is on pleasing the One that matters, I’m free.  I can smile for real.  I know who I am and where I’m going.  I’m happy with myself, knowing that it’s okay for someone else to be in disagreement with me, as long as I’m in agreement with Him.

Matthew 6:33…But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.

Matthew 10:28…And fear not them who kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him who is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.

“Care about what other people think and you will always be their prisoner.”
 ~ Lao Tzu

2 comments:

  1. Very powerful and oh soooo true. Blessins!!! Lindsey

    ReplyDelete