Monday, August 20, 2012

Beyond What I See…

There is a song by Yolanda Adams that says, “sight beyond what I see You know what’s best for me…”  I know for myself that when I’m caught up in something or I have my mind set on accomplishing something, it’s hard for me to deviate from my plans.  However, there are times when what I was set so intently on accomplishing didn’t work out that later on I saw exactly why it didn’t. 


I had been contemplating writing this particular blog for a few weeks now and had my notes all written out and I was going to title it, “Wait God, I Got This…”  However, for now “Beyond What I See” is more befitting.  When I arrived to work I had an e-mail from a staff member titled testimonial.  Now this person had been set on moving into a new home and going back to school and she was determined to accomplish it all.  Days came and went, frustrations came and went, and tears came and went over the entire process.  Well things fell through with the house and they decided now is not the right time, so we’ll stop looking and just wait on God.  So come to find out the financial aid from school didn’t go through, so if they had continued with the house she wouldn’t have had the money to be able to go back to school.  Moving into a house wasn’t that big of a deal – just a want – but going back to school was major to this person.  God knew the outcome all along and set it up so that what was most important is now able to be accomplished.


So I ask you today, what is not working that you are trying to make work?  Is it a job, buying a new home, buying a new car, a relationship?   God can see beyond what we can see and although it may be hard to let go and let God, trust that He has your best interest at heart and one day you’ll know exactly why things happened the way they did.

1 comment:

  1. Amen!! I understand this post completely.

    Love that song too :)

    ReplyDelete