Friday, March 8, 2013

Why Miss it Now?

So again I'm awaken at 4 a.m. for the second day in a row.  Wide awake!  As you may recall, the last time this happened, God was trying to get a message through to me and since this seems to be the best time for Him to have my undivided attention - He takes full advantage of it.  As I rolled over to turn on the lamp and gather my Bible and note pad, I stopped and whispered a quick prayer - "Lord make my understanding keen so that I get the message that you are bringing to me."

The first thing that came to my mind was "calamity."  Now what an odd thing to think on this early, but nonetheless, I obey.  Calamity - a GREAT misfortune or disaster.  So I looked up as many scriptures as I could find that referenced this word and it took me all the way back to Deuteronomy and from there I began to do a cross reference to many other scriptures.  Here is my revelation from all that I just read....

God had performed miracle after miracle for the Children of Israel, act after act, provision after provision - as He has in my life and yours as well; but yet and still they displayed their lack of faith in Him.  As a result they suffered many unnecessary things.  However, the most profound portion of this for me was in Deuteronomy 32:48-52, where God permitted Moses to SEE the promised land, but not ENTER and PARTAKE!  WOW!!!!  After leading these people all this time and pleading with them and praying for them and fighting with them - HE MISSED THE PROMISED LAND.  See back in Numbers chapter 20, Moses displayed, what a writer depicted, {his unbelief and disobedience} towards God.

So the question posed to me that I pose to you is - WHY MISS IT NOW?  Why miss the blessing that you've been pleading for, praying for and fighting for due to unbelief and disobedience?  I now understand why the word calamity was on my mind - it would be a GREAT misfortune  for me to miss out on my promised land.
Deuteronomy 30:19...I call heaven and earth to record this day against you, that I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing: therefore choose life, that both thou and thy seed may live:
 
I Samuel 15:22...And Samuel said, Hath the Lord as great delight in burnt offerings and sacrifices, as in obeying the voice of the Lord? Behold, to obey is better than sacrifice, and to hearken than the fat of rams. 

3 comments:

  1. This is good! Well written and heartfelt. Appreciate you very much sista. God bless and keep you.

    I don't want to miss out!

    ATL Family

    ReplyDelete