Thursday, March 21, 2013

Flip The Coin


This morning I read an article, emailed to me by a friend, and the content was related to a pastor whose death was widely discussed because of his "presumed" struggle. And almost a year and a half later - it's still being discussed.

It really got me to thinking this morning. I've read some of the comments that people made about this man and yes - he may have had a bad struggle BUT how many of the men and women of "God" do we sit under and listen to that have struggles?   Sin is sin!!!  I bet if people knew what their pastors were struggling with and if it was made public knowledge they wouldn't be as inclined to be so condemning.  

We as people tend hold imperfect people to perfect standards. 2 Corinthians 12:8-9..."For this thing I besought the Lord thrice, that it might depart from me. And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me". God knew we'd have struggles so He gave us grace. When that grace runs out - we have to answer to The Lord. Yeah - he had a problem, but how many people did he lead to Christ?! 

Flip the coin from tales to heads and pray for people rather than judge and condemn.

1 comment:

  1. There is no perfect being, but Jesus. People tend to forget this. We all have struggles that we face on a daily basis. This is why God gives us grace, mercy, & love. Daily, I strive to be a better person; even if just a little better than I was the day before.

    We all need to uplift & pray for one another, rather than condemn.

    ReplyDelete