Thursday, March 28, 2013

Lord Help Me…

There are times in life when even the strongest of us need encouragement, strength, and rejuvenation.  I’m not talking about taking a vacation, a walk on the beach or sitting silently in a corner reading a book, but I mean some serious HELP LORD.  When the trivialness of life seems to bog you down and calm thoughts are fleeting; when you’re tired of being a rock for everyone else and you are searching for someone to be a rock for you; when you want to cry, but the tears won’t fall.  I know it’s those times when God is waiting for us to come to Him, to seek Him to call on Him.  That Rock is Jesus!

As I contemplate a major decision in my own life, I was contacted by someone else who needed a word and those same verses became strength for me.  Please take comfort in the Word of God:

Proverbs 3:5-6…Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding;  in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight.

 

John 14:27…Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

Psalm 55:22…Cast your cares on the LORD and he will sustain you; he will never let the righteous fall.

1 Peter 5:7…Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you.

Psalm 120:1…I call on the LORD in my distress, and he answers me.

1 comment: