Sunday, January 8, 2012

The Energy of Frustration [Let’s Regain Control]

When do we feel the most frustration in our lives?  The answer came to me just as plain as day – when we feel that we’ve lost control.  This answer was so obvious, but for some reason so elusive. This can be control of our friendships, romantic relationships, on the job, of our weight, our children and the list goes on and on.  Like many others, I’ve been on what seems to be a never ending quest to get my weight back under control.  As a result of being overweight, due to being an emotional eater, I found myself a few years ago in a bad situation.  I was at the lowest point of my life and didn’t have an ounce of self esteem and I was seeking validation of my self worth.  I entered a very bad relationship that didn’t last long, but it took a long time to get over in my mind.  I lost control of my ability to think and rationalize for myself and most importantly to love myself.


Think back to the last time you were frustrated and why.  Did you feel that you had lost control of the situation? 
How could my best friend betray me?  I’ve known her for years and I would have never seen this coming; how could I have been so stupid?  I lost control of being on top of things and anticipating/predicting what would happen next in my life.  I’m so frustrated!
How could I display such a lack of discipline and allow myself to get this big?  It’s just food, so why can’t I control myself?  I’m so frustrated!
I know my light bill is due the 15th of every month, but why am I sitting here in the dark?  I can’t believe I spent my light money on that outfit and shoes to try and impress a bunch of people who could care less about me.  Why can’t I control my spending habits?  Why can’t I control my thoughts and think more highly of myself than what I wear?  I’m so frustrated!
I’m pregnant again; what in the world am I going to do?  How could I allow him to sweet talk me again?  My life is so out of control!
Today I challenge you to regain control of your life.  Stop being frustrated because you lost control because you’re losing more valuable time.  Take a step back and assess the situation.  Be honest with yourself and stop blaming other factors.  Develop an action plan and execute.  We are not perfect and will never be.  Find energy in the frustration and today is an opportunity for you to regain control of your life. 
Proverbs 25:28 (NIV) –“Like a city whose walls are broken through is a person who lacks self-control.”
“Don't rely on someone else for your happiness and self worth. Only you can be responsible for that. If you can't love and respect yourself - no one else will be able to make that happen.  Accept who you are - completely; the good and the bad - and make changes as YOU see fit - not because you think someone else wants you to be different.” -Stacey Charter


3 comments:

  1. Very true and very powerful words!! We must take heed. Blessings!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was very good and profound. I thank Lisi for forwarding that to me. God bless you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm happy that she forwarded it as well. We must share anything that will help each other continue to grow and be better.

      Delete