Sunday, January 15, 2012

Self Inspection

How often do you take time to do an internal self inspection?  I’m trying to do this more and more.  I’m trying to learn myself because I hate it when I surprise myself.  Through this I’ve learned that when I’m really nervous about a situation I can make myself sick.  Very true!  If we are having a big meeting at work and I have to present information and I may not be completely prepared, I get anxiety attacks and I begin to breath hard and my body begins to go downhill. 

Through self inspection, I’ve learned that I’m not always right and that I was more than a little bit closed minded.  God has allowed people from all walks of life to grace my path and they’ve opened my eyes to many new and interesting things.  I haven’t compromised on any of my values and convictions, but I am open to learning.

Through self inspection, I’ve been able to identify some of the areas in life that I’m truly deficient in or where I have a weakness that I chose to overlook.  Now I deal with them instead of running from them.



Matthew 7:5 – “…First cast out the beam out of thine own eye; and then shalt thou see clearly to cast out the mote out of thy brother's eye.”

1 comment:

  1. Amen and amen!! This is something I've been doing lately as well. This reminds me of a post to my blog: http://lisiplace.blogspot.com/2010/08/self-evaluation.html. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete