Monday, January 16, 2012

Love Me Like This…

I read a book recently entitled, The 5 Love Languages, by Gary Chapman.  The book proved to be extraordinarily profound to me.  It helped me understand how I prefer others to express their love and devotion to me, and it also helped me understand why I respond to others the way that I do. 

My primary love language is Quality Time and secondary was Acts of Service (keep in mind there is a dialect to each just like real languages).  I’m not a materialistic person and never have been, but I feel loved when someone takes out quality time with me or does some random nice thing without me having to ask.  Through reading this book, I’ve learned how I may have perceieved a person’s intentions towards me wrong, because they displayed their love through methods that didn’t matter to me. 

Is there a possibility that someone is showing you love the way that they know how and you’re taking it the wrong way?

From this I learned that before I push a person away, to step back and assess the situation.  Take some time to study this person .  They may be showing love to you, the way that they would want someone to show love to them!

John 13: 34,35 – “A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another.  By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another.”

No comments:

Post a Comment