Tuesday, January 17, 2012

You Have A Choice

Deuteronomy 30:19-20 (NLT)....“Today I have given you the choice between life and death, between blessings and curses. Now I call on heaven and earth to witness the choice you make. Oh, that you would choose life, so that you and your descendants might live! You can make this choice by loving the LORD your God, obeying him, and committing yourself firmly to him. This is the key to your life."


I heard a preacher say on television the other day say that no one can make you do anything that you don't want to do, but the devil will try and use your own will against you. At first I didn't catch what he meant until he repeated it again and I sat back and thought about it.
Sin nature is in each of us and there is no disputing that. Romans 7:14-21..."14For we know that the law is spiritual: but I am carnal, sold under sin. 15For that which I do I allow not: for what I would, that do I not; but what I hate, that do I. 16If then I do that which I would not, I consent unto the law that it is good. 17Now then it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me. 18For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh,) dwelleth no good thing: for to will is present with me; but how to perform that which is good I find not. 19For the good that I would I do not: but the evil which I would not, that I do. 20Now if I do that I would not, it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me. 21I find then a law, that, when I would do good, evil is present with me."


HOWEVER, "Greater is HE that is in you than he that is in the world" (I John 4:4).


We each have a choice to obey the word and the voice of God. Today, I encourage you to CHOOSE LIFE!

No comments:

Post a Comment