Wednesday, January 18, 2012

What is Worship to You?

Worship can mean different things to different people.  For some it is dedicated alone time in prayer: for others it is reading their bible ; for some it is partaking in a consecration; and yet to another it may be meditating on God with soft music playing in the background.  OR is it all of the above?

Worship to me is a lifestyle!  Worship is what we do to show honor and reverence to God.  It is how we deepen our relationship and connection with God.  When I worship, it makes me reflect on how good God has been to me just because He wanted to, and not because I deserve it. AND that makes me want to SERVE and OBEY Him more.
Therefore, I believe that our worship to God can be displayed in how we treat others.  We learn by example.  God loves us even when we fail Him, so we follow that example and love others that may have failed us.  We can show honor and reverence to God in how we give.  To me worship is not asking God for anything, but yet it is thanking and loving and dedicating our lives to Him for everything that He gave and continues to give.
You don’t always have to be bent over with tears streaming down your face for it to be considered worship.  Yes, worshipping God may elicit different reactions in each of us, but don’t feel that your reverence to God is any less sacred if you don’t react the way another person does.  You may raise your hands in worship; I may bow down in worship; someone else may shout out in worship.  It is all showing our honor and reverance to God.
The next time you find yourself saying, “God I worship you,” really thing about what you are saying and what that truly means and how deep those words run.

No comments:

Post a Comment