Monday, January 9, 2012

Baby Girl, It’s Time to Grow Up

Have you heard the cliché that “in order to get what you’ve never had, you have to do what you’ve never done?”  Well, that’s all about growing up.  Growing up is more than going from pony tails to wraps and weaves; it’s a state of mind.  It’s about facing your insecurities and fears and challenging yourself to go beyond your limits.  It’s about setting goals in life and vigorously going after them.  It’s about coming off the sideline and being a player on the field of life.


Have you ever found yourself being the one in the group with nothing meaningful to contribute to the conversation?  Everyone else is discussing real life matters about moves in the boardroom to their 401k; from closing on a new house to starting their own business, but there you sit thinking about who rolled their eyes at you in the hall today.   Like really?  Girlfriend – where is your life going and how are you going to get there?
I Corinthians 13:11 says, “When I was a child, I spoke as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child; but when I became a [woman] man, I put away childish things.”   Some questions to ponder are as follows:
Am I projecting what I’m expecting?
What was the last goal that I accomplished?
Do I feel easily intimidated when partaking in a group conversation?
What is my definition of success?  By my definition, am I successful? 


You don’t have to drastically change overnight to prove that you are growing up, but you do need to make a concerted effort to show some change.  Let’s get real about life and let’s get moving.  If someone is doing what you want to do – find out how they are doing it and do it! 


 It’s time to “put on your big girl panties and deal with life!”

No comments:

Post a Comment